Last Update Posted: July 1, 2019
1.4 Any questions, comments or complaints that you might have should be emailed to email@example.com or forwarded in writing to:
Pick5 Media, LLC
516 SW 13th Street, Suite 201
Bend, OR 97702
2. Information We Collect
- your name
- email address
- year of birth
- profile photo
- home zip code
- your gender
- communications sent to us by you
- your subscriptions to newsletters and services offered by us; and
- any other information you submit to Pick5 Media when choosing to participate in various activities on the Service
2.2 In addition to the above, we may need to verify your identity and your account information in order for you to receive a contest prize. For purposes of verification, we may request one or more of the following items from you. Failure to comply with our request for a document listed below may result in your disqualification, at our sole discretion.
- driver’s license information
- passport information
- other government-issued identification documents
- tax-related information; and
- other information as may be required to verify you in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
2.3 In addition, if you choose to log in, access or otherwise connect to Pick5 Media, or contact Pick5 Media, through a social networking service (such as Facebook), we may collect your user ID and user name associated with that social networking service, as well as any information you make public using that social networking service. We may also collect information you have authorized the social networking service to share with us (such as your user ID, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, and pages you have “liked”).
2.4 Cookies Information: When you visit the Pick5 Media.com website, we may send one or more cookies – small files – to your computer or other device, which may enable us or others to uniquely identify your browser. Pick5 Media uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Session cookies are temporary and typically disappear after you close your browser. You may be able to reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Site or Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
2.5 Log File Information: When you use our Service, our servers may automatically record certain information that your device sends whenever you visit any website and use certain apps. These server logs may include information such as your web or app request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
2.6 Clear GIFs Information: When you use our Service, we may employ technology such as “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by specific users.
2.7 We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as marketing partners, identity verification services, anti-fraud services and other service providers.
3. The Way Pick5 Media Uses Your Personal Information
3.1 We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, including but not limited to the following:
- providing you with our products and services, including our contests
- processing and responding to inquiries
- personalizing your use of the Service
- alerting you to new features, special events, products and services, or certain third-party products or services in which we think you will be interested
- enforcing the legal terms that govern your use of the Service; and
- investigating and protecting the integrity of Pick5 Media’s contests
3.2 We may use your information (both personal and non-personal information) to send you marketing and advertising content, including sending you advertising through multiple channels, such as email, push notifications and display media. We may send you advertising or content regarding our products and services, or products and services that we market on behalf of another company, like one of our contest sponsors.
3.3 We may use your information to communicate with you about the following:
- our products and services in which you may be interested provided that you have not requested otherwise
- newsletters and information for which you have signed up; and
- non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Service or for customer service purposes)
3.4 We use your information to improve the quality and design of our Service and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services such as storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends.
3.6 We may anonymize, de-identify, or aggregate your information for any legitimate business purposes, including for reporting and research, or advertising. Such anonymized and/or aggregated data does not personally identify you. Sometimes, this information may be used to target more relevant content or offers to you across different devices – for instance, we may provide you with offers and content on your mobile device, based on your web-based activity.
3.7 We will retain personal information as long as necessary to fulfill these purposes, unless the law requires us to keep it for a longer period of time. To provide security and business continuity for the activities described here, we make backups of certain data, which we may retain for longer than the original data.
4. When Pick5 Media Discloses Information
4.1 We may disclose the information we collect or receive from you to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, or other businesses, or service providers who process your information on our behalf in order to provide or operate the Service. For instance, these entities may have access to your information for purposes including (but not limited to), hosting, marketing, promotional and email services, customer and technical support, entities responsible for administering the contest, and in each case, may use the information to make improvements to the services they provide to us. Our agreements with these service providers limit the kinds of information they can use or process and require them to use reasonable efforts to keep your personal information secure.
4.2 When you choose to share information with social media services about your activities on the Site, for example, connecting your social media account to our Service, then we may share your personal information and information about your use of the Service with such social media sites. Please make sure to read the terms and privacy statements of such sites prior to connecting to our Service in this way.
4.3 In the event that you win a prize we may use your personal information (such as your name and photo) in connection with publicity purposes.
4.4 In the event that you win a contest we may be required to either publish or make available upon request your name in accordance with applicable legislation.
4.5 We may publish a profile page that includes your username, the date you became a member, your stats from previous contests and, if you uploaded one, your profile picture. Where you post personal information about yourself through our Service to public areas of our Service, you acknowledge and agree that this personal information will be publicly available.
4.6 When you participate in a contest, we may publish your username on a list of the contest participants.
4.8 In addition, we may disclose to third parties’ various types of your information for targeted online or mobile advertising, as further described in the Section 7 titled “Third Party Advertising and Analytics.”
4.9 We also may share personal information in other situations with your consent.
4.10 Pick5 Media also reserves the right to disclose personal information that Pick5 Media believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Official Rules, take precautions against liability or harm, to investigate and respond to third-party claims or allegations, to respond to court orders or official requests, to comply with state and federal regulations, including but not limited to sharing with appropriate tax authorities, to protect the security or integrity of our Service, to report violations of Pick5 Media’s eligibility rules to third parties and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pick5 Media, our users or others.
4.11 In the event that Pick5 Media is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, or other change of control, there may be a disclosure of your personal information to another entity related to such an event.
5. Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data
5.1 Some laws require companies to tell you about the legal grounds they rely on to process your personal information. To the extent those laws apply, we process your personal information:
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the grounds that it furthers our legitimate interests’ in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Customer service
- Protecting our users, personnel and property
- Analyzing and improving our business; and/or
- Managing legal issues
- We may also process personal data for the legitimate interests of our affiliates or business partners, such as to offer special events or contests or assist with marketing.
- Processing for the contract: Some of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations with our players.
- Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
- We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
6. Your Choices
- You can access and update certain personal information Pick5 Media holds about you at any time by logging into your account via the Service. You can also unsubscribe to marketing emails and newsletters by using the ‘unsubscribe’ feature in the communication.
- We may occasionally send display media to you, in a targeted way, whether through web or mobile browsers or mobile applications. You may opt out of many third parties that support and send this type of targeting advertising by going to www.aboutads.info, and you may learn more about this type of advertising in the below Section 7 titled “Third Party Advertising and Analytics.” You may opt out of tracking for mobile advertising through the settings on most smartphones, and you may learn more about these settings through those mobile device platforms, i.e., Google and Apple. (Please note that these companies may change either the way these settings operate, the content or the availability of these pages.)
- We may occasionally send you push notifications to your mobile device. You can turn off certain push notifications in the account settings of your Pick5 Media mobile app. You can also turn off push notifications specific to our Service in the settings on your iOS device, or through the application manager in your Android device.
- Can reach us as described below with any other concerns, requests or complaints regarding our data collection, data use or data transfer. You also have a right to file a privacy complaint with the relevant privacy regulator, but we respectfully invite you to allow us to try to resolve the matter directly. We will attempt to answer your questions and satisfy your concerns in a timely and complete manner.
7. Third Party Advertising And Analytics
7.2 You can also control interest-based advertising on apps on your mobile device with the AppChoices app, available for iOS and Android. Note that opting out will not affect the quantity of ads you see online but likely will cause the ads to be less relevant to you.
7.3 We also that we also work with third-party analytics companies to collect data on our Service through cookies and other automated means. In some cases, the third parties mentioned in this section may maintain the information they collect in personally identifiable form.
8. Information Security
8.1 We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
8.2 While neither we, nor any other organization, can guarantee the security of information processed online, we do have appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal information. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in facilities to which access is limited.
8.3 To further protect your privacy and security, we reserve the right to take reasonable steps (such as requesting your password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections.
8.4 Additionally, you should ensure your password is kept secret at all times. You will be responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
9.1 If you reside in California, you may request certain general information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
Pick5 Media, LLC
516 SW 13th Street, Suite 201
Bend, OR 97702
10. Changes and updates